My Official March Madness 2012 Goals
Although this March is turning into one crazy busy month, I've decided to set some manageable goals for March Madness. So here goes:
1. Design a writing schedule for the rest of the year including daily, weekly, monthly and so on goals and deadlines.
2. Plan out structural bones of WIP novel and April’s Script Frenzy project. As a dedicated pantser I loath outlines, but I’ve found that if left to the ways of the pants I tend to not write. Decide if want to try more than these two projects. I’m leaning toward working on two screenplays at once – one with my writing partner and one solo effort.
3. Revisit the current draft of my WIP and see if there is anything salvageable. Thanks to my awesome writing partner and best friend, I was able to make the existing pages print out in book form.
4. Rein in my tendency to spend more time (okay most of my time) prewriting and filling in questionnaires about my characters and actual work on writing. And to that end, compile all my prewriting, research, and information into a single master document. I will try to not organize it in twenty different ways.
5. Try to blog at least once a week for the last three weeks of March, check in at least seven times at each check-in blog, and to make a decent dent in my to-read list. I’ve been meaning to read Markus Zusak’s The Book Thief for the last six years. (And this might just be my manageable March Madness goal.